The game is played with a standard deck of fifty-two cards without jokers against the casino represented by the dealer. A Stud, Oasis, and some other types of poker can be used to play.
Card Combinations and Payouts
Standard poker combinations are played in Russian poker. Below they are listed with payout sizes in descending order of seniority:
- Royal Flush (Royal Flush) – 100:1
- Straight Flush (straight flush) 50:1
- Four of a Kind (Four of a Kind) – 20:1
- Full House – 7:1
- Flush – 5:1
- Straight – 4:1
- Three of a Kind – 3:1
- Two Pairs – 2:1
- Pair – 1:1
- Ace/King – 1:1.
Payouts on combinations in Russian poker are made if the dealer has any of the above combinations at bet. Ante bet in this case is not paid. For example, a player has 4, 4, 4, 8, 2 (tris) at a bet of $20. The payout would be 20*2 (bet bet) *3 (odds for tris) = $120.
The main feature of Russian poker, which distinguishes it from other versions of the game, is the ability to assemble two payable combinations at once. They can consist of common cards, but at least one card from the first combination must not be included in the second.
For example, the player bought the sixth card and got 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 different suits. This means he has two straight cards: a four through an eight and a five through a nine.
Some situations with two combinations may be treated differently in individual casinos. For example, a player bought a sixth card and got 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 different suits. Some establishments will consider that he has two straight from a four to an eight, and some will pay him one straight and a pair of eights.
Discrepancies in the treatment of double combinations are also possible in other cases, so should clarify the nuances of the rules directly in the casino.
Comparison of combinations
The comparison of poker combinations in Russian poker is carried out by standard poker rules, although differences are also possible. More detailed rules of the comparison of combinations can be found in the article on the rules of Oasis Poker.
How to play Russian Poker
Before the start of each hand, all players who wish to participate in it make a bet on the ante field.
- After that, the dealer deals five cards to all participants. He puts one of his cards face down.
- Players evaluate the strength of their cards and make a decision.
- If the player doesn’t want to continue the game, he discards the cards and loses his initial bet.
- If he is satisfied with the cards he has in hand, he bets two ante and waits for the dealer to reveal his cards and compare the hand.
- The player also has the option to change any number of cards by paying one ante.
- After the exchange of cards he can discard or bet.
- The player can also buy a sixth card for one ante. This creates the possibility of him having two combinations.
- When all players bet or fold, the dealer reveals his cards and compares the combinations.
Then the following happens.
- If the dealer has no combination at all, he pays all active players ante bets at a ratio of 1:1.
- If he has a combination that is higher than the player’s one, the dealer loses his ante and bets.
- If the dealer’s combination is younger than the player’s one, the payout is made according to the table.
If there are double combinations, the player receives payments for each of them in accordance with the rules of the casino.